2017-05-28

Update on why this blog is doing nothing

Hi! It's been several years months since my last post. I've kind of had trouble thinking of what to post for most of the time I've been blogging. When I do have ideas, I write drafts and never finish them. But I haven't been twiddling my thumbs for the last year or so. I've been working a lot on the languages of kårroť, as well as some of the history and culture. Hopefully I'll be able to turn some drafts of that into posts on the Zompist Bulletin Board (a forum for language geeks and creators) and/or on this blog. Speaking of which, I've started a little sandbox for ideas on kårroť which you can find on the ZBB here. A user on that site called Frislander (tumblr) started an alternate history project. Despite getting a lot of advice, I am the only person who has opted to become a collaborator (distinguished from other posters by having editing privileges over the project's documents and by basically having taken over the project :D ). Here's a link to the discussion thread. Email me if you want to become a collaborator (my email can be found in the "About this Weblog" page). I've started a YouTube channel to make a public playlist of all my favourite songs (901 videos as of posting this!) Feel free to suggest songs to add, but I must see the video and like it in order to add it. More importantly, I've started reading George Lakoff's Women, Fire, and Dangerous Things, an important work on semantics and metaphor, because I need to know more about those areas to make my conlangs truly unique rather than remixes of the languages I know from home and the languages I am learning. As an apology to those of you wondering if I fell off a cliff or something, here's a cool video I found on the interwebs:


Check out the webcomic by the people who made this video, ChaosLife! If you like spooky stuff, check out their other (actually, their main) webcomic, FindChaos! Links can be found in the new links page in the navbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment